This post will be permanently shown under the My Bikes page, above.
Despite one’s appearance, a person who’s been looking for something their whole life, may one day turn out to be much more; in the world of cycling is where that can happen.
The bicycles below are the current ones I hold in my quiver and are listed chronologically.
Dawes Lightning Sport
- Frame – CrMo
- Fork – 1″ Threaded CrMo
- Bottle Cages – Bontrager 5mm Hollow Aluminum Tubing
- Headset – 1″ Threaded
- Stem – ITM Stem 110mm, 74*
- Handlebar – Kalloy Aluminum
- Brake Levers – Cane Creek SCR5c
- Shifters – Suntour Stem Shifters 7-spd
- Bar Tape – Two Layers Foam/Cork Tape
- Cables/Housing – Bontrager
- Brakes – Rebranded Tektro R320
- Wheels – Alex R500 700c, Sealed Hubs
- Skewers – Classic Skewers
- Tires – Michelin, Bontrager 700 x 28c
- Bottom Bracket – Shimano UN-26
- Cranks – Shimano Forged Aluminum 39/52T
- Front Derailleur – Shimano FD-050
- Chain – SRAM PC-1070
- Saddle – Bontrager Inform Race
- Seatpost – Kalloy Aluminum
- Seatpost Clamp – Generic
- Pedals – Shimano PD-A520
- Cassette Shimano 7-spd
- Rear derailleur – Shimano RD-050
- Rear Rack – Blackburn MTN-2
This bike Started my journey into cycling; it was the first, if you could call this serious, serious road bike. Many things have been changed, removed or modified since it’s original out-of-the-box condition, but it is still holding up well. I tend to use this bike for around town riding, grocery getting, camping, and taking it places where my typical road bike should not go. With the addition of my cyclocross bike, this may end up getting less usage than before the new steed arriving.
Dawes made a terribly cheap bike that has to my amazement, held up very well, even while learning how to upkeep something like it. Unfortunately, the frame has started to rust on the inside, and there have been occasions where the stem or seatpost have seized up due ot the rust (I am unable to raise the stem at all). This bike is comfortable with the steel frame (dead feeling) and 28c tires, which allow me to go nearly anywhere that will not bend or taco the wheels. It is now my rain bike.